All of the cards above use the same image in different ways, thanks to the magic of Paper Temptress paper. All images were colored with the same 14 markers. but as you can see, Â just a switch in paper makes each card unique. It’s fun to see how many different looks you can get out of just one image!
1. Â In the first card I was able to create a scene accented with some blue skinny columns, some copper metallic glossy and corners of gold metallic, all mounted on basis cardstock in a deep warm yellow. Heavenly 80 pound cardstock made it easy and quick to blend with copics or any alcohol marker.
2. Â The image here was colored on cryogen paper. You can’t quite appreciate the sparkle it gives the image from the photograph. I do find cryogen a touch more ivory than heavenly. You will find it has a “tooth” that makes coloring more accurate. Â Copper glossy metallic, gold sparkle and red sparkle add some glitz to this playful card.
3. Â Card 3 loses the patriotic theme thanks to some golden yellow photo corners and glitzy red vermillion borders – again, cut and pieced from 1/2 inch strips. My patriotic lady just became a sorry-I’m-late birthday card just by using different colors. Â She was colored on Neenah Solar White.
4. Â Play with sparkle with a card that celebrates starlight and patriotism. Â The sparkle stars from my border punch fall through the sky adding a glitz to a dotted sky. Â Use red vermillion and gold sparkle along withÂ brown bag reversible paper in blueberry to create this look.
5. Â Not into red white and blue? How about using taking the same patriotic image to a French Connection as a Bon Voyage card? These colors bluff your eye into seeing the stars and flags as a celebration instead of as patriotic. For this card I used rich white ruche against purple metallic and blue skinny columns .
If you enjoy coloring with markers, consider purchasing the variety sampler pack for copics. I found that it was a great way to test out a variety of papers and select my favorite. Which one did I choose? I’ll save that for my next post!
>^,,^< Â Hope my sample tempted you to try these pretty papers! Â Â Â Â Â Â Â cat