OK this card was sooooooo much fun to make and don’t you totally love how gorgeous these cardstocks look – grungey and gothic (but still with a little bling)!Â You might notice I’ve used the Eclipse Black 100 as the base for this, that’s because it’s the first and ONLY card I’ve ever been completely confident in – so far it hasn’t mattered how many flowers or metal embellishments I attach, this stuff doesn’t collapse under the weight!Â I’ve tried so many types of base card and this is my absolute favourite ever – if you want some better buy it quick cause I love it so much Patricia may need to restock! The other one I have to mention is the Gray 80# Basis – for those who haven’t seen it – it’s an excellent match for the ‘W’ series gray copics – plus it matches those aluminium screw-headÂ brads perfectly.
What I used:
- Devilish Donna from Kenny K.
- Winged Skull Shield from Smeared Ink
- Card & Ribbon from Paper Temptress
Gray 80# Basis card
Amethyst Mica card
Eclipse Black 100 card
Black Opulence Ribbon
- Donna Salazar Fairy Dust Glitter – Mixed Berries
- Flowers from -Wild Orchid Crafts
- Glitter on flowers: Black Soot Stickles and Thistle Fine Glass Glitter
- Cuttlebug Embossing Folder – Diamond Plate
- Edging Die – Die-namics Scalloped Die
- Brilliance Ink Pad – Starlight Silver
- Zig 2 way Glue pen
Copic Colours Used:
- Hair: Black ‘100’, C7, V95 & V99
- Skin: E000, E00 & E02
- Eyes: V01, V12 & V15
- Dress: V12, V15 & V17
- Boots: W1, W3, Black 100, V12
- Boot BuckleV000, s: V01 & V12
- Wings (skull shield and Donna): W0, W1, W3, V01, V000 + Blender
- Skull: C1, C3, V000 + Blender
- Shield: C0, C1, C3, C5 & C7
- Ribbon: V000, V01, V12, V15 + V17
- Airbrushed flowers: C9, BV11, V12, V15 + V17
- Spica pens used to add highlights: Clear, Lilac, Lavender
What I did:
- Colour both images with copic markers as listed above.
- When dry add a little spica for some bling.
- Cut out images leaving a small white border around each.
- Apply layer of glue onto Donna’s wings and while wet cover with Fairy Dust Glitter.
- Cut amethyst and gray card to size, shape edge of Amethyst Mica card with edging Die and then use embossing folder to emboss pattern onto purple card.Â Rub Brilliance ink pad over raised pattern to enhance.
- Assemble card as shown in image, adding ribbon, images and copic airbrushed flowers.
- Use foam tape to raise shield from background slightly.
- Finish by adding a touch of glitter to the flowers.
If you’d like a closer look at the copic colouring you can see it on my blog here:Â www.katepalmer.net or check out the quick clip below for a close up of the gorgeous cardstock!