I wanted to make something totally different. I was browsing the SCS gallery and came across some billfolds. Thank you to Lorri Heiling for this idea. I decided to change the inside a little…mostly because I messed up so this is how I fixed my boo boo…LOL!!! The sentiment is from the SU! For Father (ret) set. The sentiment on the tab is from the SU! More Great Greetings set (ret). I completed the wallet then added the sponging and stitching. I sponged the edges with SU! Sahara Sand classic ink. I wanted to give it a little bit of a worn look. I used the Gray Leather from the Paper Temptress. This stuff is totally AWESOME!!!! It’s stiff but yet very pliable!!! Loooove the texture and feel of this stuff!
You can make this following these simple steps:
1. Outside of wallet- cut 1 piece 9″ x 3 1/2″ – round all 4 corners, score at 4 7/16″ and again at 4 9/16″ and set aside. The scoring will give you a 1/8″ space that will allow the wallet to expand
2. Inside piece of wallet-cut 1 piece 8 1/2″ x 3 1/4″, score at 4 1/2″ and set aside.
3. Layer of wallet to hold gift cards (middle piece)- cut 1 piece 4 1/4″ x 1″ and set aside
4. Layer of wallet (largest layer)- cut 2 pieces 4 1/4″ x 2″ and set aside.
5. Adhere the inside piece (just the sides and bottom) to the outside piece.
6. Adhere the smaller piece (the 4 1/4″ x 1″) at 9/16″ from the top of the inside piece. Make sure you only tape/glue the sides…Not the bottom or the gift card won’t fit (don’t ask how I know…lol)
7. On the left side, adhere (sides and bottom) the 4 1/4″ x 2″ piece at 1 1/4″ from the top of the inside piece.
8. On the right side, adhere (sides and bottom) the other 4 1/4″ x 2″ piece atÂ 1 1/4″ from the top of the inside piece.
9. Paper Pierce the around the entire inside piece and stitch (optional).
10. Flip wallet and stamp image of front.
11. Take the ink and sponge the entire wallet inside and out. I used SU! Sahara Sand ink. This will give a worn look.
12. To make the insert for the right side cut the mat piece 1 1/4″ xÂ 3 10/16″. Cut the piece for your sentiment 1 12/16″ x 3 1/2″. Stamp you sentiment then sponge the whole thing. Punch your tab and adhere to the insert. It will fit a little snug but that’s ok. My measurements are a little off on this piece since I cut my inside piece a little too short. That’s where I boo boo’d and had to improvise…LOL!!!!
Ink: SU! Sahara Sand
CS: Paper Temptress Gray Leather, SU! Sahara Sand and GP White
Sets: For Father, Classic Pickups and More Great Greetings (ret)
Acc: Ticket Crnr Pnch, Round Tab Pnch, 1/8″ Scor Tape, Sponge DMC Floss
Tech: Stitching, Sponging